1/8/09

Hyper-V Performance, Hyper-V Cluster , Virtual Cluster and Iometer

hi
I like this spanish post:
http://blogs.technet.com/davidcervigon/archive/2008/12/17/sobre-clusters-de-hyper-v-y-clusteres-virtuales.aspx

This post speak about Host Clustering and Guest Clustering with Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows 2008.
I did a firts test with Iometer to test disk performance with the Equallogic iSCSI V.2.
I disable DEP for Iometer.

I didnt upload any picture about Iometer because I hope you know this piece of software. ;-)

I configured iSCSI options in the Equallogic iSCSI SAN and the Windows 2008 .
I did installed any software from Equallogic (Dell). I used the Windows 2008 options.
I configured 3 LUNs. I will use only one for the test.


I did the performance test with Iometer in a physical machine.


I started the lab with 1 DC, and 2 servers in Hyper-V.
I configured iSCSI options in the VM server. The configuration is the same. In this virtual machine I configured only one LUN.


I did the performance test with Iometer again.

NOTE: This picture is the performance window from iSCSI Equallogic SAN. I need to study the logs from Iometer ;-).

The iSCIS performance is very similar with the host machine and the Hyper-V machine.
Maybe 6-7% less of performance. I will read the results in detail.

The idea is to set up a lab with Exchange 2007. One lab with physical machines. Another with virtual (Hyper-V) machines.
In this lab , I will run LoadGen (Exchange Stress Tool).

Regards
PS: I will speak with the Storage Dell Consultant to understant the results. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the downgrade efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=paxil weight gain leptin ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the black methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

shathyez said...

replica bags lv fake gucci s9e79t6r98 replica bags koh samui this article m2o39w7j39 replica louis vuitton replica bags from korea check my source n4d90g3m56 gucci replica replica bags in pakistan