1/8/09

Hyper-V Performance, Hyper-V Cluster , Virtual Cluster and Iometer

hi
I like this spanish post:
http://blogs.technet.com/davidcervigon/archive/2008/12/17/sobre-clusters-de-hyper-v-y-clusteres-virtuales.aspx

This post speak about Host Clustering and Guest Clustering with Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows 2008.
I did a firts test with Iometer to test disk performance with the Equallogic iSCSI V.2.
I disable DEP for Iometer.

I didnt upload any picture about Iometer because I hope you know this piece of software. ;-)

I configured iSCSI options in the Equallogic iSCSI SAN and the Windows 2008 .
I did installed any software from Equallogic (Dell). I used the Windows 2008 options.
I configured 3 LUNs. I will use only one for the test.


I did the performance test with Iometer in a physical machine.


I started the lab with 1 DC, and 2 servers in Hyper-V.
I configured iSCSI options in the VM server. The configuration is the same. In this virtual machine I configured only one LUN.


I did the performance test with Iometer again.

NOTE: This picture is the performance window from iSCSI Equallogic SAN. I need to study the logs from Iometer ;-).

The iSCIS performance is very similar with the host machine and the Hyper-V machine.
Maybe 6-7% less of performance. I will read the results in detail.

The idea is to set up a lab with Exchange 2007. One lab with physical machines. Another with virtual (Hyper-V) machines.
In this lab , I will run LoadGen (Exchange Stress Tool).

Regards
PS: I will speak with the Storage Dell Consultant to understant the results. ;-)

2 comments:

splendid said...

gucci purse
cheap gucci
cheap gucci
gucci wallets
prada

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the downgrade efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=paxil weight gain leptin ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the black methods of promotion of the resource. I take a week and do necheg